Prof. Martin Bazant has been selected to receive the 2018 Andreas Acrivos Award for Professional Progress in Chemical Engineering! This Institute-wide award is presented by the AIChE to recognize outstanding progress in the field of chemical engineering, and acknowledges significant contributions to the science of chemical engineering (https://www.aiche.org/community/awards/andreas-acrivos-award-professional-progress-chemical-engineering). It was recently renamed to honor Andreas Acrivos, one of the top influential leaders of chemical engineering and perhaps the leading theoretical chemical engineer of the past century.
The award recognizes outstanding progress in the field of chemical engineering. The awardee will have made a significant contribution to the science of chemical engineering through one of the following means:
- A theoretical discovery or development of a new principle in the chemical engineering field.
- Development of a new process or product in the chemical engineering field.
- An invention or development of new equipment in the chemical engineering field.
- Distinguished service rendered to the field or profession of chemical engineering.
- The award candidate must have earned his or her highest academic degree within 22 calendar years of the year in which the award is presented.
- The recipient does not have to be a member of AIChE.
Martin will receive his award at the AIChE honors ceremony this Fall at the annual meeting. Congratulations Martin!