- Sven Schlumpberger Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, MIT (2016) Thesis: Shock electrodialysis for water purification and electrostatic correlations in electrolytes.
- Yi Zeng Ph.D. in Mathematics, MIT (2015) Thesis: Modeling the phase transition phenomena in lithium battery systems.
- Matthew Pinson Ph.D. in Physics, MIT (2015). Thesis: Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics in Porous Media: Battery Degradation, and Sorption and Transport in Porous Materials.
- Yeqing Fu Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, MIT (2014). Thesis: Modeling and numerical simulation of porous electrodes in electrochemical systems.
- Damian Burch Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, MIT (2009). Thesis: Intercalation Dynamics in Li-ion Batteries.
- Mustafa Sabri Kilic Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, MIT (2008). Thesis: Induced-charge electrokinetics at large voltages.
- Kenneth N. Kamrin Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, MIT (2008). Thesis: Stochastic and deterministic models for dense granular flow. Next: Lecturer in applied mathematics at Harvard University, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, MIT (2010).
- Chris H. Rycroft Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, MIT (2007). Thesis: Multiscale modeling of granular flow. Next: Postdoc in mathematics at University of California, Berkeley.
- Jeremy A. Levitan. Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, MIT (2005). Thesis: Experimental Investigation of Induced-Charge Electro-osmosis.
- Kevin T. Chu Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, MIT (2005). Thesis: Asymptotic Analysis of Extreme Electrochemical Transport. Next: Postdoc in mechanical engineering at Princeton University.
- Jaehyuk Choi. Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, MIT (2005). Thesis: Advection-Diffusion-Limited Aggregation and Dense Granular Flow.
- Elisha Rejovitzky. (2014-2015) Modeling and simulation of battery materials
- Yossi Cohen. (2014-2015) Electrokinetic phenomena in fractured rocks for gas and oil recovery
- Jihyung Han. (2013-2015) Electrodeposition in porous media.
- Matthew Suss. (2013-2014) Capacitive water desalination, flow batteries, transport in porous structures.
- Dan Cogswell. (2010-2012) Extended the phase-field method to electrochemical systems and intercalation materials.
- Markus Schmuck. (2009-2011) Homogenization analysis of ion transport in porous media.
- Chien-Chih Huang . (2007-2009) Induced-charge electro-osmosis, microfluidic pumps. MIT Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies. (Co-advised by Prof. T. Thorsen, Mechanical Enginering.)
- Jeremy Levitan (2007). Applications of nonlinear electrokinetics in microfluidic devices. Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies.
- Ali Mani (2010-2011). Nonlinear electrokinetics, desalination shocks.
- Gogi Singh (2006-2007). Modeling lithium rechargeable batteries. Center for Materials Science and Engineering (IRG IV).
- Yuxing Ben (2004-2005). Simulation and design of ICEO-based microfluidic devices.
- Ken Gosier . M.S. in Financial Mathematics, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University (2002). Thesis: Generalized Black-Scholes models for pricing and hedging options with residual risk.
- Young Han Lee. M.S. in Applied Mathematics, MIT (2002). Thesis: Noise detection in financial correlation matrices.
- Ben Derrett. Cambridge-MIT exchange student. Li-ion battery modeling. (2009-2010)
- Matt Fishburn B. S. in Electrical Engineering, MIT (2007). Advanced Undergraduate Project: Electronics for control of portable electrokinetic microfluidic devices.
- Jakub Kominiarcz B. S. in Physics, MIT (2007). Senior thesis: Numerical simulations of AC electro-osmotic pumps.
- Camilo Guaqueta. B. S. in Materials Science, MIT (2003). Thesis: Computer simulations of a stochastic model for granular drainage.
- Mani Mahjouri. B.S. in Mathematics and Economics, MIT (2000). Thesis: Pricing risky derivative securities.
- Michael Hess. Undergraduate intern, from Magdeburg, Germany, spring/summer 2009. Modeling lithium intercalation in graphite.
- Hoyin Au. Undergraduate intern, from Bunker Hill Community College, summer 2009. Modeling Li-ion battery composite electrodes.
- Brian Wheeler UROP 2007. Applications of ACEO pumps.
- Kapil Subramanian Undergraduate intern, summer 2007, from Indian Institute of Technology. ACEO experiments (with T. Thorsen).
- Andrew Jones UROP spring 2007. ACEO experiments (with T. Thorsen).
- Jeremie Palacci. Undergraduate intern, summer 2005. Visiting from Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon. Thesis: Spot-model simulations of periodic systems.
- Serginio Sylvain. UROP, Dry Fluids Lab, 2005.
- Ken Weaver. Undergraduate intern in the MIT Materials Processing Center, summer 2002. Simulations of granular drainage.
- Armand Ajdari. ESPCI, Paris, France, 2005-2006.
- Henrik Bruus. Technical University of Denmark, Microtechnology, Fall 2010.
- Evgeny Demekhin. Kuban State Univ., Russia, Fall 2010.
- Arshad Kudrolli. Clark University, Physics, 2003-2007.
- Brian Storey. Olin College, Mechanical Engineering, 2006-2007.
- Boris Zaltzman. Ben-Gurion University, Israel, Applied Mathematics, 2009-2010.